ToursCome tour the Kimmel Center!
One hour FREE tours are offered at 1pm daily, on a first-come, first-served basis. Specialty Art & Architecture tours are offered at 10:30am on Saturdays. For group tour reservations or more information about Kimmel Center or Academy of Music tours, please call
Kimmel Center tours depart from the Information Desk in Commonwealth Plaza. Tours are on a first-come, first served basis and are limited to 20 persons per tour. Visitors may register for public tours at the Information Desk, which opens at 10am daily. All tours are led by experienced volunteer guides.
Kimmel Center and Academy of Music tours are appropriate for adults and children over the age of 10.
- A history of the Kimmel Center
- Architectural highlights
- Visits to theaters, including Verizon Hall, home of the Philadelphia Orchestra, the Philly POPS, and Kimmel Center Presents
- Dorrance H. Hamilton Garden
The public tour for Friday, August 1 will be cancelled, we apologize for any inconvenience.
Saturdays, 10:30am, 90 minute tour
- An in-depth look at the Kimmel Center's architecture
- A walk along the Avenue of the Arts to view the Center in the context of the cityscape
- Tour of artworks on display in the Kimmel Center, including the Moore Galleries and Percent for Art Collection
Select dates, 11:30am, one hour tour
Visit this historic grand opera house, decorated in baroque style.
- Grand Lobby
- Stage Door Canteen
- Recently renovated Ballroom
- Auditorium with its dazzling chandelier
Free Group Tours:
Group tours are available Monday through Friday, for parties of 12 or more. Requests must be made at least two weeks in advance of tour date. To request a reservation, call 215-790-5886.
*The Kimmel Center is a working performing arts center. Due to performance related activities, theater access changes daily and hall access cannot be guaranteed. Visitors may inquire at the Information Desk for details about what the day's tours will include.