Production Manager, Ancillary Spaces
Department: Facilities & Operations, Production, Kimmel Center
Reports to: Director of Produ
The Production Manager of Kimmel Center Ancillary Spaces is responsible for the planning and execution of safe and efficient daily production related operations with primary focus on performances and events in the ancillary spaces at the Kimmel Center including SEI Innovation Studio, Hamilton Rooftop Garden, and Commonwealth Plaza as well as several other multi-purpose spaces. The position is one member of a close-knit team of managers who oversee Production Operations at The Kimmel Center for the Performing Arts, Merriam Theater, and Academy of Music.
- Plan and supervise backstage operations in an organized labor working environment.
- Interface with front of house staff, volunteers, and other facilities operations employees.
- Interface with KCI Facility Sales and in-house catering teams.
- Responsible for effective intake of event information, preparation of cost estimates, and preparation of post-event settlements.
- Coordinate and provide direct supervision of space, materials, and organized labor needs for resident company, independent presenter, and Kimmel Center Presents events.
- Liaison with presenters and resident companies.
- Liaison with outside event planners.
- Understand and administer applicable IATSE and Teamsters CBA work rules.
- Performance, rehearsal, and event coverage including evenings and weekends depending on performance schedule.
- Provide support to Director of Production and fellow Production Managers.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in technical theater or similar degree path.
- Demonstrable experience with organized labor collective bargaining agreements including IATSE houses required.
- Experience with multi-disciplinary art forms required.
- Experience in both presenting as well as producing theater organizations.
- Experience in supporting production elements for corporate, charity or private events
- Refined production, administrative and organizational skills.
- The ability to interact effectively with, and clearly communicate information to, a wide range of persons both within the organization and without.
- The ability to attend to numerous projects concurrently, establish priorities, and respond positively, effectively, and quickly to continually shifting priorities and needs.
- The successful candidate will have a strong technical background with a depth of understanding in sound reinforcement, theatrical lighting, rigging, and integrated video systems.
Environment, Physical demands and other conditions:
- Ability to stand, climb, walk up to 5 hours and use repetitive motions.
- Ability to lift, push, and move up to 25-50 pounds.
- While performing the duties of this position the employee will be required to work indoors, outdoors, and in intermittently noisy spaces.
- Work schedule may include nights, weekends, and holidays.
To apply for this position, send your cover letter and resume to Kimmel Center Human Resources:
Kimmel Center, Inc.
1500 Walnut Street, 17th Floor
Philadelphia, PA 19102