Kimmel Center for the Performing arts is engaging Teaching Artists for the 2018 -2019 school year. Independent Contractors who hold an undergraduate degree in the performing arts, have teaching experience and have PA clearances are needed for In school time and Out of school time residencies and workshops. Needs include:
- Kinder Jazz: Teach Kindergarteners to Bop and Swing with Kimmel Center’s early childhood curriculum during the school day. Meet with multiple groups for 30-minute lessons each week in schools. This full year residency culminates in an in-school performance.
- One Musical Philadelphia workshops this Fall: Team teach musical theater and teamwork workshops during school time in Philadelphia public schools (5th grade).
- One Musical Philadelphia residencies this Fall/Winter: Teach an 8-week after-school residency for self-selecting 5th graders in Philadelphia school sites, host an in-school performance and assist your students in a group performance night in Perelman Theater. (Music and dance resources are provided)
- Jazz4Freedom: Teach Pre and post show workshops at Kimmel Center and in school sites from December to March. Prepare students for our MLK Celebration concerts and explore Jazz, Civil Rights and Social Change through the performing arts.
- Neighborhood Jams: Teach beginners and direct Jazz ensembles at Neighborhood sites after school. Also opportunities to teach Jazz Appreciation classes during the school day.
If you are interested in these opportunities, please send cover letter including availability and resumes via-email to Susan Nicodemus Quinn, Director of Education at [email protected]
All Teaching Artists must have clearances. To obtain clearances follow the steps below
- Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance (CY113)
- Pennsylvania Criminal Record Check for Employment (SP4-164)
- Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI) Criminal Background Check
- The Pennsylvania Department of Human Services utilizes IDEMIA to process fingerprint-based FBI criminal background checks. The fingerprint-based background check is a multi-step process.
- Appointments to be fingerprinted are not required, but pre‐registration is required either online or by phone. To register online, please go to www.Identogo.com; by telephone please call 1-844-321-2101 and listen to the options menu.
- Your Service Code is: 1KG6TR. Please use this number when registering.
- Once registered, you may walk‐in during a location’s posted hours of operation, but scheduling an appointment may lead to lesser/no wait times.
The diversity of our region is our strength and KCI is dedicated to creating a diverse and inclusive cultural campus that reflects our commitment to an environment where everyone feels welcome and valued onstage and off. Applications from female and minority candidates are highly encouraged.
USE CHROMEWHEN APPLYING. SAFARI AND FIREFOX MAY NOT WORK