Director of Individual Giving, Office of the President
Reports to: Senior Director of Development
Liases with: President and CEO; Senior Director, Institutional Giving
The Director of Individual Giving (the Director) is a dynamic frontline fundraiser responsible for developing and implementing the Kimmel Center’s major gifts program to raise support for its programs, comprehensive campaign initiatives, and other special projects, as well as expand the base of individual major gifts (including planned giving) and develop a Major Gift pipeline. This frontline fundraising position is responsible for managing a major gift portfolio of individuals with the capacity to make gifts of up to 7 figures. The successful candidate will thrive in a fast-paced environment with experience in major gifts and capital campaigns.
S/he will be a dynamic communicator and have confident writing and editorial skills which will aid in preparing compelling proposals. The Director will work collaboratively with the CEO, all members of the Development Office and coordinate with other departments as needed.
- Oversee and manage all aspects of the Major Gifts relationship with individuals having the capacity to give gifts of $25,000 up to 7 figures.
- Develop in concert with the Senior Director of Development and the CEO, a documented plan to achieve endowment, major gift and planned giving goals.
- Manage portfolio of 40-75 active major gift donors, with the goal of developing a portfolio of 100-125 major individual donors and prospects.
- Cultivate, solicit and close gifts to achieve overall budgetary goal in this category, including outright and planned gifts.
- Market Planned Giving program, and work to ensure that the program becomes an integrated part of the overall development effort.
- Meet monthly goals of donor meetings and visits.
- Preserve and expand current base of support.
- Supervise Manager of Individual Giving role (manager of high level memberships).
- Oversee preparation of written materials including solicitation and stewardship materials.
- Identify, recruit, train, motivate and manage leadership volunteers and partners.
- Develop and coordinate Individual Major Gift cultivation and recognition events.
- Maintain prospect and donor database as it relates to the Major Gifts campaign.
- Attend concerts, receptions and cultivation events as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience
- BS/BA degree in business or related field. Masters degree a plus.
- A proven track record of building major gift program and relationships with more than three years of accomplishment for the same institution.
- Five to seven (5-7) years of overall experience in fundraising. Capital campaign experience helpful.
- Ability to work effectively with Executive Leadership, Department Heads, Board members, volunteers, and donors.
- Familiarity with performing arts organizations preferred.
- Ability to relate to major gift donors and prospects, instilling confidence in the goals and work of the Kimmel Center.
- Demonstrated effectiveness in securing major gifts.
- Excellent writing, speaking and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Strong ability to work collaboratively in cross-functional teams.
Environment, Physical Demands, and Other Conditions:
- Must be willing to travel
- Routine physical requirements for office environment
- Office environment
- Some nights and weekends
The diversity of our region is our strength and KCI is dedicated to creating a diverse and inclusive cultural campus that reflects our commitment to an environment where everyone feels welcome and valued onstage and off. Applications from female and minority candidates are highly encouraged.
To apply for this position, send your cover letter and resume to Kimmel Center Human Resources:
Kimmel Center, Inc.
1500 Walnut Street, 17th Floor
Philadelphia, PA 19102