Education Program Manager
Reports to: Director of Education
Status: Full Time, Exempt
KCI is seeking an experienced arts administrator to join our active Education team in expanding our programs. The primary responsibility of the role is to develop and facilitate education programs and partnerships for the Kimmel Center. The Education Program Manager working closely with the Director of Education and working collaboratively with education staff, will carry out tasks necessary to develop, implement, administer, track, report, document, monitor and promote educational programs and departmental initiatives.
- Work collaboratively with all Department Staff, assisting the DOE
- Serve as a team member who supports all education activities as well as other relevant duties as requested by the DOE
- Align customer service within the standards of KCI
- Other duties as assigned by the DOE
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in related area
- 10+ years of professional experience in the performing arts
- Experience in Arts Administration required
- Experience in Arts Education, Staff Supervision, Jazz, Electronic Music and Musical Theater a plus
- Experience at a large Arts organization a plus
- Knowledge of professional practices in Education, Musical Theater, Jazz
- Experience in program development and management
- Experience working with Public Schools
- Proficient in MS Office with Microsoft Office (all products).
- Familiarity with ticketing, scheduling and project management software with ability to learn software quickly.
- Excellent organizational skills & attention to details with ability to plan, manage and evaluate projects
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong ability to plan, manage and evaluate projects
- Ability to work under pressure, set priorities and meet deadlines
- Work independently & collaboratively with good judgment and decision making achieving agreed objectives
Environment, Physical Demands, and Other Conditions:
- Office environment
- Ability to work in a fast paced, active environment at times leading programs for children
- Some nights and weekend work required
- Local travel
- PA background checks for working with children
The Kimmel Center, Inc. is committed to playing a strong role in a united Philadelphia in which diverse communities see themselves represented in the arts both onstage and off. Applications from female and minority candidates are highly encouraged.
To apply for this position, send your cover letter and resume to Kimmel Center Human Resources:
Kimmel Center, Inc.
1500 Walnut Street, 17th Floor
Philadelphia, PA 19102
Located in the heart of Center City, Philadelphia, the Kimmel Cultural Campus’ mission is to engage the region’s diverse communities with art through performance and education. Our Cultural Campus serves more than 1 million guests per year and includes the Kimmel Center for the Performing Arts, the Academy of Music, and the Merriam Theater- representing more than 160 years of rich history for the performing arts along Philadelphia’s Avenue of the Arts.
We are home to eight esteemed Resident Companies: The Philadelphia Orchestra, Opera Philadelphia, Pennsylvania Ballet, The Philly POPS, PHILADANCO, The Chamber Orchestra of Philadelphia, The Philadelphia Chamber Music Society, and Curtis Institute of Music. With nearly 9,000 seats per night across our 9 event venues, we are the region’s most impactful performing arts center, and the second largest in the country. Our Cultural Campus serves as a preeminent and inclusive place to enjoy exceptional experiences that reflect the spirit of our region by cultivating a creative and socially-responsible environment where our community shares experiences that are delivered with pride, integrity, and respect.
The Kimmel Cultural Campus is the Managing Partner of Ticket Philadelphia, a partnership which provides ticketing and customer service services to the Campus, the Philadelphia Orchestra and other Resident Companies on the Kimmel Cultural Campus. As a 501 c 3 nonprofit organization, we collaborate on, present, and produce a broad range of relevant and meaningful events, we serve as an active gathering space for social and community events, we educate the region’s young people through access to quality arts experiences, and we provide support to artists in the creation of new work. For additional information, visit www.kimmelcenter.org.
Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
The diversity of our region is our strength, and we are dedicated to creating a diverse and inclusive cultural campus that reflects our commitment to an environment where everyone feels welcome and valued onstage and off. See our year-end diversity and inclusion report here: Diversity and Inclusion Report
We engage the region’s diverse communities in art through performance and education. Our cultural campus serves as an inclusive and preeminent place to enjoy exceptional experiences that reflect the spirit of the Philadelphia region. The principal means by which The Kimmel Cultural Campus achieves its mission include:
- People: Cultivate a creative, inclusive, socially responsible community where artists, guests, staff, donors, and volunteers share experiences that are delivered with pride and integrity.
- Exceptional Experiences: Collaborate, present, and produce to ensure a broad range of relevant and meaningful performances, events, and artistic programs, including support to artists in the creation of new work for the Campus that serves the region’s audiences.
- Arts Education: Educate the region’s young people through access to quality arts experiences and multi-year opportunities to see, make, and understand the performing arts both on-campus and in communities.
- The Cultural Campus: Operate venues and nurture assets that deliver diverse and vital arts experiences, are a proud home to our Resident Companies, and are active gathering spaces for social and community events. These venues include the Kimmel Center for the Performing Arts, The Academy of Music, and the Merriam Theater.
Transforming lives daily through the arts
The Kimmel Cultural Campus believes that the arts build strong communities and are essential to enhance the human experience.