Careers in the Arts Program
Institutional Strategy and Planning Intern
The Institutional and Strategic Planning Department (ISP) at the Kimmel Center for the Performing Arts is seeking a fall intern to participate in development and membership initiatives. Work will include a variety of basic administrative tasks as well as helping with the implementation of various KCI member/donor events and other projects as assigned. The intern will work closely with all members of the Kimmel Center’s Institutional and Strategic Planning Department team and interact with all departments across the organization.
The objective of the internship is to gain valuable hands-on experience in a professional setting by working directly with the Development Services and Membership Manager of the ISP team. This unpaid internship will take place Monday through Friday for 20 hours per week.
The responsibilities of the intern will include (but are not limited to):
- Updating Kimmel Member Documents
- Providing general administrative support
- Working in databases, specifically Tessitura
- Excellent writing skills
- Academic major in Arts Mgmt; Communications; Writing; Fundraising; Marketing
- An interest in working in the arts and cultural arena
- Proficiency in MS Word and Excel
- Ability to multitask and work well collectively in a fast-paced environment
- Good organizational skills and attention to detail
This is an excellent opportunity to learn about implementing an international festival at a leading arts organization!
To apply for this position, send your resume to Kimmel Center Human Resources:
Kimmel Center, Inc.
1500 Walnut Street, 17th Floor
Philadelphia, PA 19102