Careers in the Arts Program
Type: Unpaid Internship
Duration: Fall (20 hours per week)
Reports to: Institutional Marketing Manager
The Kimmel Center for the Performing Arts Professional Development Marketing Internship Program is an individualized internship program based upon the participant’s diagnosed strengths and weaknesses. Hands-on training, shadowing, co-teaching, and supervising will be used to build mastery in all critical areas of operating a high-energy performing arts center.
In this program, students will be introduced to the many facets of the performing arts process, focusing on audience research, understanding and identifying sales trends, planning schedules, developing ideas, working with programmers and presenters, fulfilling commitments, and planning various communication strategies. Students will be given the responsibilities of supporting (including but not limited to) the advertising, promotions, e-commerce, creative, programming, administrative and planning sector of the Kimmel Center.
The principles and concepts presented in this program will be transferable to many of the “productions” students might be responsible for in the corporate and/or non-profit world.
- Market research, audience analysis, and ticketing analysis
- Planning and promotion of marketing events for select Kimmel Center Presents and Broadway Series performances
- Developing grassroots marketing campaigns and partnerships to reach new audiences
- Website optimization including design, copy, video, photos
- Creation of marketing materials for online and print publications
- Content development for social media feeds
- Intermediate proficiency in MS Office, especially Excel.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Extremely detail oriented team player with the ability to multitask.
- Strong organizational skills.
This is an unpaid internship opportunity.
To apply for this position, send your resume to Kimmel Center Human Resources:
Kimmel Center, Inc.
1500 Walnut Street, 17th Floor
Philadelphia, PA 19102