Public Relations Intern
Department: Public Relations
Reports to: Public Relations Manager
Status: Unpaid internship
The Public Relations intern will be involved in a number of activities supporting the Institutional Strategic Planning department, working closely with the Public Relations Manager. He or she will gain firsthand experience promoting events at the Kimmel Center, Academy of Music, and Merriam Theater, interacting with members of the Philadelphia media and working alongside the professional staff of a major non-profit performing arts organization. This is an unpaid internship.
- Assist with assembling press kits, clip books, and other media materials.
- Assist in writing press releases and media alerts.
- Assist with researching of special projects promoting programming and educational components of the organization
- Assist with mass mailings of media materials, including press kits, press releases, and calendars.
- Assist with archiving of press features
- Accompanying photographers inside the Kimmel Center, Merriam Theater, Academy of Music.
- Staffing press table for evening and weekend performances.
- Support administrative efforts including faxing, copying, filing, and archiving.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, including Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects.
- Effective time management skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to handle information in a confidential, objective and professional manner.
This is an unpaid internship opportunity.
To apply for this position, send your resume to Kimmel Center Human Resources:
Kimmel Center, Inc.
1500 Walnut Street, 17th Floor
Philadelphia, PA 19102