Careers in the Arts Program
Reports to: Programming Coordinator/Artist Liaison
The Programming intern will be in involved in a number of activities in the Programming department, working closely with the Programming Coordinator and Artist Liaison to complete assigned tasks pertaining to the daily operations of the department. They will gain firsthand experience in presenting performances and events in all of the Kimmel Center venues, Academy of Music and Merriam Theater, interacting with outside constituents of the performing arts industry, local artists and their representation, and working alongside the professional staff of a major non-profit performing arts organization.
- Support Programming staff in the management of daily operations of the department
- Perform daily financial reporting to outside ad agencies and producers for all Kimmel Center Presents and Broadway Series presentations
- Provide research and analysis to Programming staff when needed
- Maintain and oversee historical database for all Kimmel Center Presents and Broadway Series presentations
- Provide support in building engagement setup sheets for Kimmel Center Presents and Broadway
- Assist in booking and contracting artists and vendors for the “Free in the Plaza” series and annual Kimmel Center events such as New Year’s Day Celebration and Summer Solstice
- Assist in the implementation and creation of yearly surveys between theatrical presenters on operational activities and practices for measurement and research
- Assist in gathering information for the upcoming Kimmel Center Presents and Broadway series which includes creating individual show files, processing artist contracts and payables, and distribute ,marketing and production information
- Provide sales analysis reports for tracking of fiscal subscription and single ticket sales trends for distribution to executive, senior, and internal staff
- Support Artist Liaison with artist management and road management to advance and carry out all aspect of contract/contract riders (travel, accommodations, catering, merchandise sales, complimentary tickets, etc.)
- Assist in the creation of engagement Production Summary sheets for distribution to internal department
- Must be able to commit to at least 3 days per week, 4 hours per day with the flexibility to occasionally work shows on some nights and weekends as needed
- Intermediate proficiency in MS Office, especially Excel
- Excellent communication skills
- Extremely detail oriented team player with the ability to multitask
- Strong organizational skills
This is an unpaid internship opportunity.
To apply for any of the above positions, send your resume to Kimmel Center Human Resources:
Kimmel Center, Inc.
1500 Walnut Street, 17th Floor
Philadelphia, PA 19102