Director of Institutional Marketing
Reports to: Vice President, Sales and Marketing
Direct Report: Manager Institutional Marketing, Marketing Associate, Graphic
The Director of Institutional Marketing (“The Director”) oversees all aspects of marketing for the Kimmel Center Cultural Campus (encompasses The Kimmel Center, Academy of Music and Merriam Theater), through brand management of institutional initiatives including facility rentals, restaurant, catering/concessions, membership, fundraising, education, and Resident Company Marketing support through a sum of parts strategy. The Director of Institutional Marketing also oversees the graphic design and publication support services for the entire Marketing department. The Director works closely with department heads and the Resident Companies to develop
holistic marketing and branding campaigns to further the overall campus brand.
• Oversees and collaborates on Kimmel Center Campus brand initiatives including events (PIFA, Season Kickoff, New Year’s Day, etc…), creative development and quality control for collateral and publications, and strategy
• Collaborates with PR and Programmatic Marketing to assist in implementing marketing campaigns as needed
• Oversees and implements brand consistency throughout all institutional initiatives
• Works closely with department heads and Resident Companies to improve crossorganizational communication, to better understand audiences, and in all combined efforts that support increased ticket sales
• Collaborates with the Director of Facility Sales to market and promote all venues and ancillary spaces toward the goal of increasing rental revenues.
• Oversees and manages Manager of Institutional Marketing, Marketing Associate, and Graphic Designer to ensure consistent branding for Kimmel Center product lines, Resident Company residencies, and overall campus visibility
• Researches and develops new creative and promotional strategies across different
mediums, including social media
• Manages relationships and process with consultants and freelancers as needed
• Works closely with the Fundraising/Development Department on all campaigns, including potential Comprehensive Naming Campaign and Meriam redevelopment project
• Manages consumer market research projects and analysis
• Develop Community Partnerships that further cultural campus brand, ticket sales,list growth, and community outreach
• Development and management of an institutional branding “Style Guide”
• Reports metrics on all institutional initiatives
• Manages and maintains the Institutional Marking budget
• Maintains Kimmel Center’s standards of customer service
• Other relevant duties as assigned
• Solid background in marketing, sales, design, writing, and brand development
• Fluency in social media and digital platforms
• Experience with Word, Excel, Design programs, and project management software
• Must be able to manage, supervise and train staff with strong leadership
• Knowledge of Performing Arts environment
• Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
• Ability to develop and maintain budgets on both an annual and project-based level
Education and Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Sales, Design or related fields.
• Continuing education courses for software and technology changes as industry demands
Environment, Physical Demands and Other Conditions
• Office environment
• Some nights and weekends
KCI is committed to playing a strong role in a united Philadelphia in which diverse
communities see themselves represented in the arts both onstage and off. Applications from female and minority candidates are highly encouraged.
To apply for this position, send your cover letter and resume to Kimmel Center Human Resources:
Kimmel Center, Inc.
1500 Walnut Street, 17th Floor
Philadelphia, PA 19102