Department: Facility Operations
Reports To: Facility Manager
Status: Non-exempt (full time)
Under the general guidance and supervision of the Facility Manager, performs routine and corrective maintenance work and other maintenance duties of a general nature as may be required or assigned. Other work may include projects that are aimed at repairing deficiencies or making improvements to the facilities. The successful candidate may also be assigned responsibilities that are in support of events and performances, including being available on an on-call basis for high attendance performances. Performs all work in compliance with applicable codes and with established performance standards. Complies with organizational and departmental policies and procedures as well as safety rules.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs preventive, corrective and special maintenance tasks commensurate with skill level as directed either through the work order system in accordance with standard operating procedures or as otherwise assigned.
- Completes projects throughout all campus buildings involving the repair of deficiencies or facility improvements.
- Provides facility support for events and performances either on site or on a standby basis.
- Performs work in a safe manner and complies with codes, ordinances, Kimmel Center and department safety guidelines and protocols.
- Complies with organizational and department policies and procedures as may be promulgated from time to time.
- Operates and maintains in good repair various tools of the trade.
- Reports to the Facility Manager or his/her designee regarding the status of assigned work.
- Stays abreast of the maintenance trade and updates skills through training/career development programs.
- Performs other general work as assigned.
Qualifications and Experience Requirements:
- High school degree or equivalent. Successful completion of formal training and certification from an approved trade school preferred.
- Demonstrated thorough knowledge of the principles, practices, methods, materials, techniques and safety procedures of the maintenance trade and of industry standards and codes.
- Three or more years of demonstrated work experience in a maintenance or construction trade such as electrical, plumbing, carpentry, masonry, etc.
- Experience in interpreting and working from written job specifications, diagrams, design drawings, etc.
- Internal candidates [including contracted employees] must have a work record which demonstrates teamwork, credibility and rapport with supervisor and co-workers and demonstrates consistent compliance with company, department policies and work standards.
- Significant and proven prior experience showing the ability to work cooperatively with supervisors and co-workers, to accept and follow general direction, to work independently and to produce quality work in a timely manner.
- Experience in presenting clear and accurate information both orally and in writing
- Demonstrated interest in staying abreast of field.
- Professional appearance and manner.
- Customer relations skills
Environment, Physical Demands and other Conditions:
- Work consists of approximately 5% office work and 95% field work throughout multiple campus buildings in all types of spaces and on rooftops.
- Mechanical spaces involve moderate levels of sound and heat.
- Office spaces involve periods of sitting and computer use.
- Other spaces may involve noise, dust, poor lighting.
- Ability to frequently transit between campus buildings and within multiple levels of these buildings including areas that have limited accessibility.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs. on occasion.
- Ability to stoop, crawl, climb ladders/stairs and stand for extended periods.
- Ability to move safely over uneven surfaces or confined spaces.
- Ability to work in all weather conditions when necessary.
- Ability to properly wear personal protective equipment when necessary.
- Able to work on an on-call basis when necessary.
- Able to work flexible schedule, which may include weekends, evenings, holidays and overtime when required.
To apply for this position, send your cover letter and resume to Kimmel Center Human Resources:
Kimmel Center, Inc.
1500 Walnut Street, 17th Floor
Philadelphia, PA 19102