Patron Services Associate
Department: Ticket Philadelphia
Reports to: Patron Services Manager
Status: Non-exempt, Part-time
About Ticket Philadelphia
Ticket Philadelphia is the official ticket seller for shows presented at the Kimmel Center, the Academy of Music and the Merriam Theatre. Our contact center, box office, and website provide exceptional customer service for all events on the Kimmel Center Campus. Ticket Philadelphia provides services for Kimmel Center Resident Companies including The Philadelphia Orchestra, The Philly Pops, The Pennsylvania Ballet, as well as other local cultural organizations including Capitol Philharmonic of New Jersey. Open 7 days a week, Ticket Philadelphia contact center manages an average of 300-800 calls per day and tickets over 1,800 events per year.
The Patron Services Associate is responsible for providing superlative customer service to the patrons of all Ticket Philadelphia clients by adhering to the Ticket Philadelphia Customer Service Standards.
- Responsible for accurately processing single ticket orders, subscription ticket orders, processing ticket exchanges and subscription ticket donations by telephone.
- Responsible for providing accurate and timely information about performances and policies of Ticket Philadelphia and its clients.
- Actively up-sell additional offers such as parking, shipping and dinners.
- Respond to inquiries on inbound web chat and email.
- Provide knowledgeable and professional customer service to all Ticket Philadelphia guests.
- Create Customer Service Issue records for all patron compliments, complaints or out of the ordinary situations or comments.
- Assist in preparation of mailings and other communications with patrons.
- Disseminate information regarding various arts organizations and venues.
- Align customer service within the standards of the Kimmel Center Campus
- Participate in other duties/tasks as requested by Management.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- One (1) year of customer service experience working in a retail, call center, or performing arts
- Must be available to work evenings and weekends.
- Ability to interact with people from diverse backgrounds
- Ability to deliver superior customer service
- Strong communication skills
- Computer literacy
- Familiarity with database and CRM Systems
- Visible leadership skills and a desire to advance in the organization.
Environment, Physical Demands and other Conditions:
- Some nights and weekends
- Basic office environment
- Hourly rate is $11.00-$12.50 based on experience; increasing after the successful completion of a 90 day probationary period
Training is April 1-3, 6-10; six hours daily
The diversity of our region is our strength and Ticket Philadelphia is dedicated to creating a diverse and inclusive cultural campus that reflects our commitment to an environment where everyone feels welcome and valued onstage and off. Applications from female and minority candidates are highly encouraged.
To apply for this position, send your cover letter and resume to Kimmel Center Human Resources:
Kimmel Center, Inc.
1500 Walnut Street, 17th Floor
Philadelphia, PA 19102