Ronald Rubin joined his father's small real estate firm in 1953. Over the years, he has guided the Company's growth to major development in office buildings, retail centers and regional malls along the East Coast. With the acquisition at the end of 1996, of the management contracts for 26 retail properties in Chicago-based Sam Zell's portfolio, The Rubin Organization, Inc. became one of the largest full service real estate companies in the Country. On September 29, 1997, The Rubin Organization, Inc. was acquired by the Pennsylvania Real Estate Investment Trust and Ronald Rubin became the CEO. On October 18, 2001, Ronald Rubin also became Chairman of the Board. On June 7, 2012, Ronald Rubin assumed the position of Executive Chairman.
In addition to his heavy responsibilities in the business world, Ronald Rubin makes contributions to community affairs in the Philadelphia area through board memberships and leadership in cooperative public/private sector initiatives for a better Philadelphia. In the early '90's, Ronald Rubin spearheaded the development of the highly successful Center City District funded by local businesses and residents to assure a cleaner, safer downtown in Philadelphia, for which he served as Chairman. He is also a Trustee of the ICSC (International Council of Shopping Center).
He currently serves as Co-Chair Board of Trustees of the National Museum of American Jewish History. He was past chairman of the Greater Philadelphia Chamber of Commerce. He has served or is on the boards of the Franklin Institute, The Philadelphia Orchestra, Albert Einstein Medical Center, Tel Aviv University, American Friends of the Hebrew University, Continental Bank and Midlantic Bank (now PNC), Retired from Exelon Corporation and continues to serve on the Board of PECO Energy Corporation, University of the Arts, the United Jewish Appeal and the Kimmel Center for the Performing Arts.