Pictured, Kimmel Center President and CEO Anne Ewers joins staff to kick off our “Gear up for Winter” drive!
‘Cradles to Crayons is proud to partner with the Kimmel Center and its community of artists in their “Giving Tuesday” campaign that celebrates and encourages support of local charitable and nonprofit cultural organizations. At this time of year, the offer to conduct a collection of needed clothing items - warm coats, boots, gloves, hats and scarves - is sweet music to the ears of the more than 300,000 of the region’s disadvantaged young children that we and our social service agency partners serve.“
– Michal Smith, Executive Director of Cradles to Crayons
This project is in partnership with: The Chamber Orchestra of Philadelphia, Opera Philadelphia, The Philly Pops, Pennsylvania Ballet, PHILADANCO, Philadelphia Chamber Music Society, and the Philadelphia Orchestra.
Where to donate:
- Marked bins will be located in Commonwealth Plaza and accessible 10am – 6pm, daily and later on performance evenings.
- Marked bins will be located in the Merriam Theater and Academy of Music when the buildings are open for performances.
- New and gently used winter coats, sizes newborn - 14/16 (youth)
- New and gently used hats, gloves, scarves
About #GivingTuesday: #GivingTuesday™ (#GT) is a movement to create a national day of giving to kick off the giving season on the Tuesday following Thanksgiving, Black Friday and Cyber Monday. The second annual #GivingTuesday is on December 3, 2013. In the same way that retail stores take part in Black Friday, we want the giving community to come together for #GivingTuesday.