JAZZ CAMP 2017
Mon., July 17th - Fri., July 28th, (Excluding Weekends)
CMP/JAZZ CAMP SPRING 2017 AUDITION
Sat., May 27th @ 12PM | Merck Multi-Purpose Room (Tier 2)
How to Audition:
1. Print out the CMP & JCP Entry Audition Instructions & Materials PDF before registering. Please read through these instructions thoroughly prior to auditioning.
Click to download CMP & JCP Entry Audition Instructions & Materials [PDF]
2. Choose and play the Reading Test which best suits your playing and reading level. There are three PDF files labeled with different playing levels. Please print the level that best matches your ability.
Some Experience Playing/Reading Level [PDF]
Moderate Experience Playing/Reading Level [PDF]
Very Experienced Playing/Reading Level [PDF]
3. Once you have completed Steps 1 and 2, you can "Register" for auditions by clicking the orange registration button at the top of the page.
NOTE: If auditioning via video, please be sure to include a YouTube link in the fields labeled "video" in the Registration form. Only submit a video link that follows the instructions outlined in the Audition Form & Materials PDF.
Should you have any further questions regarding the audition process, please email Brent White at firstname.lastname@example.org .
JAZZ CAMP 2017 SUMMER CONCERT
Fri., July 28th | Merriam Theater
What is the Kimmel Center Jazz Camp of Philadelphia?
Built on a decade of excellence in arts education - the Kimmel Center for the Performing Arts is proud to offer its two-week summer intensive to up-and-coming musicians and vocalists!
Selected by audition, students between the ages of 13 - 20 will explore:
- Jazz technique
Our robust curriculum provides students with instruction in:
- Ensemble interaction
- The creative process
Most importantly, KCJCP allows this generation's brightest young jazz talents to gain invaluable experience, alongside students from near and far, in a creative live performance setting on the Kimmel Center's world-class campus.
Jazz Vocal Students
Sing your heart out, Philadelphia!
Students will join an engaging and excited group of instrumentalists - honing their ensemble voices, solo works, and more!
Jazz Camp Curriculum
Taught by more than 30 world-renowned jazz musicians, the Kimmel Center Jazz Camp of Philadelphia includes expert instruction for intermediate and advanced students in:
- Instrument specific workshops
- Rhythm skills
- Ear Training
- Collective composition
- Sight Reading
- Ensemble interaction & performance
- Jazz History
...And more, including industry related topics such as Music Technology & Recording and Music Business Practice. Special activities include:
- Daily celebrity lead master classes
- Daily jam sessions featuring celebrity rhythm sections!
- Special concerts
KCJCP will culminate in a FREE public performance given by the students in the Kimmel Center's Perelman Theater.
Jazz Camp Faculty
Anthony Tidd, Jazz Camp Director and Master Class Tutor
Brent White, Assistant Director
Carol Frazier, Manager of Education
Manisha Modi, Education Administrator
This program is generously supported by Chubb, Universal Health Services, and Elliott-Lewis Corporation.
Sponsors: THANK YOU!
Education programs at the Kimmel Center for the Performing Arts are generously sponsored by:
- Amerihealth Caritas
- Bank of America
- Connelly Foundation
- Dolfinger-McMahon Foundation
- Doran Family Foundation
- Elliott-Lewis Corporation
- Enon Tabernacle Baptist Church
- Health Partners Plans
- David and Patricia Holveck
- Johnson and Johnson
- Lincoln Financial Foundation
- Christian R. and Mary F. Lindback Foundation
- Lomax Family Foundation
- M & T Bank
- Origlio Beverage
- Philadelphia Indemnity Insurance Company
- PNC Foundation
- Thomas Skelton Harrison Foundation
- Universal Health Services, Inc.
- Wells Fargo