THIS SHOW IS A PART OF PIFA 2018 - SEE OUR FESTIVAL PAGE FOR MORE INFORMATION
More than 200,000 witnessed the “jaw-dropping sensation” during the 2011 PIFA, when aerial performers dangled hundreds of feet in the air above Broad Street and transfixed the crowd with an otherworldly spectacle. Transe Express, the celebrated French performance troop, returns with the world premiere of Cristal Palace, a 360-degree immersive event featuring a human chandelier as the centerpiece for the best dance party Philly has ever seen.
Transe Express has been dubbed by critics as “the pioneers of street art” and has performed in over 50 countries on five continents. Cristal Palace, a site-specific spectacle commissioned for PIFA, is set outdoors and celebrates dance in all its revelry through a multi-sensory, high-flying, and infectious experience showcasing aerial acrobats.
Nobuntu, the world-renowned, all female a cappella quintet from Zimbabwe is performing live 20 minutes prior to Cristal Palace on the banks of the Schuylkill River. Witness the highly anticipated vocal singing group’s creative Zimbabwean, Afro Jazz, and Gospel performances. All Cristal Palace tickets will allow access to this opening performance. What an exciting 2 for 1 deal!
GROUPS OF 10+ SAVE
The banks of the Schuylkill River in Fairmount Park
Playing Angels statue (Kelly Drive at Fountain Green Drive) **between Kelly Drive and the river, at the red light
Click Here For A Printable Version
Rideshare pick-up and drop-off is located at the red light at Fountain Green Drive and Kelly Drive.
Take Fountain Green Drive under the bridge and go towards the top of the hill. There is a grassy area on the left just before Mt. Pleasant Drive that you can pull onto and park.
Shuttle service will be provided. You should allow ample amount of time to either walk 5 minutes or wait for the next shuttle.
KNOW BEFORE YOU GO!
- Where is the show? On the banks of the Schuylkill.
- Is it wheelchair accessible? Yes, the venue is wheelchair accessible. The show does take place on the grass, so wheelchairs will be rolling over grass to get to the performance area.
- Do I sit to watch the show? At this experience, you will be encouraged to stand, move and dance along with the performance. For our guests who cannot stand the entire time, there will be some unreserved bleacher seats towards the back of the performance area. You may bring a blanket or towel if you prefer to sit on a grassy area.
- May I bring a lawn chair? No, because the performance encourages standing, moving and dancing along, chairs and other lawn furniture create a potential tripping hazard. We request that you leave these items at home or in your vehicles.
- What type of shoes do I need to wear? What’s appropriate attire? Wear comfortable clothes and shoes, you’ll be moving and dancing. The show does take place on grass.
- Can I bring food and drinks? There is no outside food and drink allowed into the venue.
- Are there food and drinks for sale? Yes, there will be food and drink available for purchase.
- Are there Restrooms at the venue? Yes, there will be portable restrooms at the venue.
- Does my baby need a ticket? Yes, everyone going into the show needs a ticket to enter.
- Can I bring my Pet? No. Please do not bring any pets or animals with you to the show. Registered service animals are allowed.
- For what ages is the show appropriate? Cristal Palace is appropriate for all ages.
- Can my children attend the show without me? While we love having young guests join us, we do require that children ages 15 or younger attend the performance with an adult.
- What if it is raining? The performance will occur rain or shine. Dress appropriately for the conditions. Inclement weather is not a cause for a refund unless a performance is actually canceled.
- How long is the performance? This is a world premiere so the precise running time is still TBD. We anticipate it will be approximately 2 hours.
- Is there parking? Yes. Please check back here as the date of the performance nears for additional details.
- Can I take photos and videos? Yes.
Download the FAQ Document