THIS SHOW IS A PART OF PIFA 2018 - SEE OUR FESTIVAL PAGE FOR MORE INFORMATION
See Philadelphia in a whole new way! Without the constraints of a theatrical performance structure, this hybrid performance art tour permits audience members freedom of movement throughout the city. Starting at a Center City Philadelphia mystery location, audiences will be guided through a journey leaving artistic traces of tape as hints along the way. Experience morsels of artistry from an award-winning quartet of performers who combine electronic soundscapes, improvised dance, and graphics to create a dynamic performance that undulates through the City of Brotherly Love.
In its American premiere, Asphalt Piloten’s Tape Riot is a performance that pushes against traditional boundaries by infiltrating urban public spaces to create a totally unexpected and unique experience.
GROUPS OF 10+ SAVE
KNOW BEFORE YOU GO!
- What is Tape Riot? Tape Riot is a live art theatrical experience presented through dance, visual art, and sound design. The performance explores public space, leading the audience through Center City Philadelphia. While each performance is unique from any other, please be prepared to travel with the dancers through the city. The route may involve traversing stairs and/or across unpaved or uneven ground conditions. Please wear appropriate clothing and footwear. Also, be aware that there will not be access to restroom facilities after the experience begins. Please plan accordingly.
- Where will Tape Riot take place? The performance’s mystery Center City location will only be revealed to ticket holders in the days leading up to the performance via email.
- How long is the performance? Tape Riot will last approximately 45 minutes.
- How far should I expect to travel? The distance will be roughly 6 blocks. However, the performance route is highly variable, the exact length of travel is subject to change. Anticipate walking and standing for the full performance.
- Will Tape Riot take place rain or shine? The performance will occur rain or shine. Please anticipate weather conditions and dress appropriately. Inclement weather is not a cause for refund unless the decision is made to cancel or postpone a performance.
- For what ages is Tape Riot appropriate? Tape Riot is appropriate for all ages. Due to the traveling nature of the performance, it is not recommended for young children or parents pushing strollers.
- Is Tape Riot wheelchair accessible? If you or someone in your party requires accessibility accommodations, please contact us prior to purchasing your tickets. We will do our best to accommodate you.
- Can my children attend Tape Riot without me? While we love having young guests join us, we do require that children ages 15 or younger attend the performance with an adult.
- Can I bring my Pet? While you will be navigating public spaces, you will not always be in “pet friendly” or permissible spaces. We request that you please leave your pets at home. Registered service animals are allowed.
Download the FAQ Document