Introducing: Education Intern, Abby! Here at the Kimmel Center we strive to impart hands-on arts management experience to participants in The Willard G. Rouse III Society Careers in the Arts Program. Through practical application of management skills, interns gain in-depth knowledge and expertise used by successful managers in today’s complex world of the performing arts.
>Learn more and apply for internships!
1. What is your background in?
My background is in Marketing. I am currently a marketing major in the Fox School of Business at Temple University.
2. Why did you want to intern at the Kimmel Center?
I wanted to intern at the Kimmel Center because I love what the Education Department is doing in the community. I strongly believe the arts should be a part of every school’s curriculum, and the Education Department is filling the gap by giving students the opportunity to learn about performing arts.
3. What has been your favorite moment so far?
So far, my favorite event(s) have been the Show Stopper’s rehearsals I have been attending on Friday evenings. Sitting in on these rehearsals and being able to see such talented young students is very cool to watch.
4. Tell us 3 fun facts about yourself!
- Before going to Temple, I went to Coastal Carolina University my freshman year of college
- I have the best dog named “Sweet Potato”
- I eventually want to become a teacher!