The Kimmel Center Creative Music Program for Jazz is a FREE school year jazz music program, intended for students between the ages of 11 and 20.
This comprehensive program focuses on:
- stimulating each student’s individual creativity
- developing his/her musicianship skills by using the framework of the jazz tradition.
Throughout each season, students will explore the expansive field of creative music via:
- original and legacy compositions
- hands on exploration of the rich jazz tradition
- master level tuition in the vital areas of musicianship
- monthly celebrity master classes courtesy of our Meet the Masters series
- weekly intensive ensemble rehearsals
… and many performance opportunities!
Creative Music Program for Jazz Curriculum
The Creative Music Program includes expert instruction for intermediate and advanced students in:
- Rhythm skills
- Ear Training
- Collective composition
- Sight Reading
- Ensemble interaction & performance
- Jazz History
The curriculum provides for three varied levels of experience, with students being placed into one of three ensembles (Red, Blue, Magenta) based on our unique musicianship evaluation process.
Creative Music Program for Jazz Faculty
Anthony Tidd, Director
Brent White, Assistant Director
Check back with us soon for Registration details!
2015-2016 Creative Music Program Season Schedule
More Dates to Come!
- October 10: Creative Music Program Sessions begins
- December 22: Creative Music Program's Winter Concert
- WINTER BREAK
- January 9: Creative Music Program Winter Audition
- January 16: Creative Music Program session begins
- April 16: Red Ensemble's Friends and Family Concert
- May 21: Blue Ensemble's Friend's and Family Concert
- May 21: Jazz Camp 2016 Auditions
- June 11: Creative Music Program's End of Season Concert