CMP/JAZZ CAMP SPRING 2017 AUDITION
Sat., May 27th @ 12PM | Merck Multi-Purpose Room (Tier 2)
How to Audition:
1. Print out the CMP & JCP Entry Audition Instructions & Materials PDF before registering. Please read through these instructions thoroughly prior to auditioning.
Click to download CMP & JCP Entry Audition Instructions & Materials [PDF]
2. Choose and play the Reading Test which best suits your playing and reading level. There are three PDF files labeled with different playing levels. Please print the level that best matches your ability.
Some Experience Playing/Reading Level [PDF]
Moderate Experience Playing/Reading Level [PDF]
Very Experienced Playing/Reading Level [PDF]
3. Once you have completed Steps 1 and 2, you can "Register" for auditions by clicking the orange registration button at the top of the page.
NOTE: If auditioning via video, please be sure to include a YouTube link in the fields labeled "video" in the Registration form. Only submit a video link that follows the instructions outlined in the Audition Form & Materials PDF.
Should you have any further questions regarding the audition process, please email Brent White at firstname.lastname@example.org .
The Kimmel Center Creative Music Program for Jazz is a FREE school year jazz music program, intended for students between the ages of 11 and 20.
This comprehensive program focuses on:
- stimulating each student’s individual creativity
- developing his/her musicianship skills by using the framework of the jazz tradition.
Throughout each season, students will explore the expansive field of creative music via:
- original and legacy compositions
- hands on exploration of the rich jazz tradition
- master level tuition in the vital areas of musicianship
- monthly celebrity master classes courtesy of our Meet the Masters series
- weekly intensive ensemble rehearsals
… and many performance opportunities!
Creative Music Program for Jazz Curriculum
The Creative Music Program includes expert instruction for intermediate and advanced students in:
- Rhythm skills
- Ear Training
- Collective composition
- Sight Reading
- Ensemble interaction & performance
- Jazz History
The curriculum provides for three varied levels of experience, with students being placed into one of three ensembles (Red, Blue, Magenta) based on our unique musicianship evaluation process.
Creative Music Program for Jazz Faculty
Anthony Tidd, Director
Brent White, Assistant Director
Josh Lawrence, Red Ensemble Instructor
2016-2017 Creative Music Program Season Schedule
More Dates to Come!
- May 27th @ 12pm: Creative Music Program/ Jazz Camp Auditions
- June 17th : Creative Music Program Graduation & End of Year Concert