CMP FALL 2016 AUDITION
Sat., Sept 17th | 12PM | Merck Multi-Purpose Room (Tier 2)
CMP WINTER 2017 AUDITION
Sat., Jan 14th| 2PM | Merck Multi-Purpose Room (Tier 2)
CMP/JAZZ CAMP SPRING 2017 AUDITION
Sat., May 20th | Merck Multi-Purpose Room (Tier 2)
The Kimmel Center Creative Music Program for Jazz is a FREE school year jazz music program, intended for students between the ages of 11 and 20.
This comprehensive program focuses on:
- stimulating each student’s individual creativity
- developing his/her musicianship skills by using the framework of the jazz tradition.
Throughout each season, students will explore the expansive field of creative music via:
- original and legacy compositions
- hands on exploration of the rich jazz tradition
- master level tuition in the vital areas of musicianship
- monthly celebrity master classes courtesy of our Meet the Masters series
- weekly intensive ensemble rehearsals
… and many performance opportunities!
Creative Music Program for Jazz Curriculum
The Creative Music Program includes expert instruction for intermediate and advanced students in:
- Rhythm skills
- Ear Training
- Collective composition
- Sight Reading
- Ensemble interaction & performance
- Jazz History
The curriculum provides for three varied levels of experience, with students being placed into one of three ensembles (Red, Blue, Magenta) based on our unique musicianship evaluation process.
Creative Music Program for Jazz Faculty
Anthony Tidd, Director
Brent White, Assistant Director
2016-2017 Creative Music Program Season Schedule
More Dates to Come!
- September 17th @ 12pm: Creative Music Program Auditions
- January 14th @ 2pm: Creative Music Program Auditions
- May 20th @ TBD: Creative Music Program/ Jazz Camp Auditions