He’s the Geator with the Heator; the Boss with the Hot Sauce; the King of Philly Rock & Roll. He’s as much a part of Philadelphia as cheesesteaks, Tastykakes, soft pretzels, and the Liberty Bell. He has been entertaining the Delaware Valley for over 50 years. He’s Cruisin’ 92.1 WVLT’s Jerry Blavat. He is a cultural icon in Philadelphia, well known for his on-air personality and knowledge of music, writers and performers.
As per tradition for his appearances at the Kimmel Center, attendees are invited to the Commonwealth Plaza for cocktails and dancing before and after the performance.
* The Clovers (Devil or Angel, Love Potion #9)
* Eddie Holman (Hey There Lonely Girl)
* The Intruders (I'll Always Love My Mama, Cowboys to Girls)
* The Moments (Love on a 2-Way Street)
* Norman Fox & the Rob-Roys (Tell Me Why)
* Philly's Blue Magic (Sideshow, Stop to Start)
* Ray, Goodman, & Brown (Special Lady)
* The Vogues (Turn Around, Magic Town)
* plus Bobby Wilson, son of Jackie Wilson, with a tribute to his dad